- I researched movements from Latin America to the United States. I wrote about the trains used by migrants to cross Mexico, interviewed a right-wing vigilante secretly photographing migrants crossing the border, and wrote about the people paying to take part in a fake border crossing in an amusement park in Mexico.
- explained the workings of weather forecasting, hostage negotiations, the death row, deep-sea diving, pickpocketing, and whale hunting.
showed how to make glitter bombs, how to destroy security cameras, how to build mattress shields, and how to use banknotes to publicize a cause.
I used images and videos shared by the Islamic State on social media to report this article for Super magazine. Two parallel timelines compare their war strategy on the ground in Syria and Iraq with their strategy online, including digital campaigns of propaganda, recruitment, and terror.
- autopsies, the Richter scale, spacesuits, the salary of priests, cachaça, real-world superheroes, and the Megalodon.
I profiled a Japanese startup that wanted to clean outer space, talked about biometrics with a woman born without fingerprints, profiled an Australian company that wanted to mine the seabed, and ranked passports according to the access they give to global cities.
I wrote about a team of newly-arrived refugees in Melilla, Spain; a manager recruiting and trading players in Accra, Ghana and his hopes of selling them to clubs in Europe; and a community obsessed with Brazilian football in Abadan, Iran.
the everyday objects kept in the design collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, including the paper clip, the soy sauce bottle, the Super Ball, the bottle cap, the condom, and the BIC pen.
I wrote about winter festival costumes in Europe, protest gear in Brazil, and horse rider blankets in Lesotho.
- visualized the diet of Brazilian athletes in the weeks leading up to the London Olympics. It compares the food consumed in a day by a weightlifter; a male and a female gymnast; a marathonist; a lightweight, middleweight, and heavyweight judoka; and a swimmer. It was awarded an Esso, a journalism award in Brazil.
- visualized the most common colors, formats, and symbols of national flags.
- I researched articles on broken artworks, Chinese fakes, monochromatic paintings, North Korean art, and forensic sketches.